Vicente Bermeo Lañas
Founding Partner (†)
|1921 - 2000|
Doctor in Law, 1951, Universidad Central, Quito
Dr. Vicente Bermeo Lañas founded Bermeo & Bermeo Law firm in 1948.
Dr. Vicente was the first Ecuadorian member of the USTA now INTA, and was a member of the Institute of Trademark Agents in London since 1955 and the Federation Internationalle des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle, Switzerland.
His prestigious practice lead him to serve the government as:
- Justice of the Supreme Court (1978)
- Alternate Justice of the Supreme Court (1976)
- Secretary and Undersecretary of the Department of Social Welfare (1969-1970)
- Secretary of the General Labor Agency (1949-1950)
He was always involved in the academic environment:
- Part time Corporate Law Professor at Universidad Central (1980 – 2000)
- President of the American School of Quito Foundation (1979-1980)
- Editorial writer for Diario El Tiempo, 1980's