Ecuador follows the latest edition of the Nice Classification of goods and services, protecting the class headings is possible. Since there are no multi-class applications, a single application needs to be filed per class. Priority may be claimed within six months of the first application.
An application may be filed immediately, and the documentation may be completed afterwards.
The IP Office will check that the application is correctly filed, that the goods/services are correctly classified and that the documentation is complete.
An office action will be issued requesing the PoA, Priority document, or to make any corrections or amendments. The deadline is of 60 days from the notification date, and one extension may be filed.
Once the application is complete, it will proceed to publication in the Intellectual Property Gazette.
- Official fee
- Logo (.png or .jpg, min 250x250 pixels)
- Description of goods/services
- Full name and address of Applicant
- Power of Attorney legalized with Apostille
- Companies must provide proof of legal status
- One PoA per applicant is enough
- Priority: certified copy of the foreign application